Penetrant Testing - Level I & II (Combined)
This course covers Liquid Penetrant (also called Dye Penetrant) Testing, an NDT method used to detect cracks and cavities open to the surface of nonporous metallic materials. Liquid Penetrant Testing is one of the most popular NDT methods for inspection.
During this comprehensive course, we will address the required PT training necessary for completion of the PT certification program, such as NAS-410, SNT-TC-1A and NavSea Technical Publication T9074-AS-GIB-010/271.
The training is divided into eight (8) chapters. These include:
1. Penetrant history, capillary action and wetting, cohesion and adhesion, and the methods of liquid penetrant testing
2. Surface preparation; pre-cleaning; and the various liquid penetrant systems
3. Safety; LOX materials; penetrant application techniques; penetrant dwell times; temperature limits; excess penetrant removal techniques and over cleaning precautions; advantages and disadvantages of each removal technique; developer types and application
4. Interpretation and evaluation; false, non-relevant and relevant indications
5. Quality Control test; Tam panel; Comparator Block
6. Terminology; product discontinuities by product form such as casting, forgings etc.; discussion of methods to make the different product forms and welding
7. System classifications by Type, Method, Developer forms; penetrant terms such as wetting ability defined; procedure requirements
8. Typical qualification and certification documents; SNT-TC-1A overview
This course content conforms to the training subjects listed in ANSI/ASNT CP-105, Standard Topical Outlines for Qualification of Nondestructive Testing Personnel. This training will meet most certification document for liquid penetrant testing such as SNT-TC-1A. It encompasses the subject matter listed in the ANSI/ASNT CP 105 outline for liquid penetrant certification. Upon satisfactory completion of all training material and exams, a training certificate will be issued.
The instructor for this course is Gary D. Larson, who has 45-years’ experience performing NDT, including 35 years as a NDE Level III. He holds an ASNT Level III certificate in UT, RT, PT, MT and VT.
Note: Recommend reading assignments are provided for each lesson, which are listed at the beginning of the course. Completion of the readings and self-study is strongly encouraged and will add to the overall training benefit and time to be credited. It will also better prepare the student for the practical/hands-on session. It is recommended that the student keep a log of self-study time. It is also recommended that the applicable Level III be involved and confirm that the reading and self-study assignments have been completed. This should become a part of the student’s training records.
Course Price: $835.00